How can I avoid foreign mould infestation on my vegan cheese?Updated 5 months ago
- Spices in the cheese can promote the growth of foreign mould. Therefore, pour boiling water over them beforehand.
- Also pour boiling water over the nuts and let them stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Humidity also plays an important role. Make sure that it is not too humid in the fresh-keeping box/cheese paper.
- Do not store the cheese on an unsuitable surface, such as a surface that has not been cleaned. Use a cheese mat so that the blue cheese also gets air from below.
- Use a fresh knife for each cheese. This way the cheese will keep longer.
- Work clean: Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and clean your utensils with hot water and washing-up liquid. Be sure to rinse off any detergent residue, as this can suppress microbial activity.
Was this article helpful?