You can replace our red fermentation lid with the Leifheit metal lid after fermentation and before storing the jar in the refrigerator. In the fridge, the microbes are less active and there will be less carbon dioxide or pressure.
Articles in this section
- Are beets, sauerkraut and string beans suitable for histamine intolerance?
- What is brine and how do I make it?
- Can mould develop during the fermentation of vegetables/fruit?
- What can I produce with the Wild Ferments Set?
- My ferment is not bubbling
- How can I tell that my ferment is ready?
- What is the shelf life of my fermented vegetables?
- Which salt is suitable for fermentation?
- What is wild fermentation?
- How long does my purchased wild ferment from you survive after being opened?