Yes, we admit, it can sometimes smell quite strange during lactic acid fermentation. Especially kimchi and other recipes with onion, garlic or radish give off aromatic gases during fermentation. But they taste all the better for it in the end! Similar to strong cheese, we have to get used to the smell a bit.
Articles in this section
- Are beets, sauerkraut and string beans suitable for histamine intolerance?
- What is brine and how do I make it?
- Can mould develop during the fermentation of vegetables/fruit?
- What can I produce with the Wild Ferments Set?
- My ferment is not bubbling
- How can I tell that my ferment is ready?
- What is the shelf life of my fermented vegetables?
- Which salt is suitable for fermentation?
- What is wild fermentation?
- How long does my purchased wild ferment from you survive after being opened?