With each brewing cycle, the vitality of the scoby decreases more and more. After 20 brews, you should definitely use a new Scoby. It's a good thing that new tea fungi keep developing until then. Of course, you can still use your "original" fairment Scoby for a while and put the new one in the fridge with some preparation liquid as a "back up".
Articles in this section
- How can I distinguish between yeast, creamy yeast and mould?
- Can I drink Kombucha even if I have candida?
- The liquid from my Jun Kombucha became cloudy and there were black dots
- How many carbohydrates does the finished kombucha contain? Is it suitable for a keto diet?
- Nothing has happened with my Jun after one day
- My Jun Scoby got smaller.
- What percentage of preparation liquid do I need for kombucha?
- When can you start sharing the Scoby?
- What ingredients are used for the kombucha bottles?
- Which cultures are contained in Kombucha?