You are holding a fermented living product in your hands. Especially when stored in the fridge, the shelf life is quite long. However, even though fermented products are naturally less susceptible to mould, this can still happen. So rely on your senses here too. Can you see anything hairy? Then you will have to dispose of your ferment. If not, smell it and try a small piece. Does it taste normal? Bon appétit!
Articles in this section
- Are beets, sauerkraut and string beans suitable for histamine intolerance?
- What is brine and how do I make it?
- Can mould develop during the fermentation of vegetables/fruit?
- What can I produce with the Wild Ferments Set?
- My ferment is not bubbling
- How can I tell that my ferment is ready?
- What is the shelf life of my fermented vegetables?
- Which salt is suitable for fermentation?
- What is wild fermentation?
- How long does my purchased wild ferment from you survive after being opened?