You decide when you like your water kefir. It can be enjoyed at any time without any problems. For a mild and sweet kefir, you can finish the fermentation after 24 hours, for a sour result you need up to 72 hours. The rule here is try before you buy, and over time you will find out on your own when and how your kefir tastes best.
Articles in this section
- Where should I store the finished bottles of water kefir?
- Which water should I use for water kefir?
- There are orange grains between the water kefir crystals. What is it?
- Which bacteria and yeast cultures are contained in water kefir?
- The water kefir tastes like vinegar. What have I done wrong?
- The water kefir becomes thick and slimy. What is wrong with it?
- Can you reuse the fruits from the water kefir batch?
- Can you also use the kombucha jar for water kefir?
- The water kefir crystals grow too quickly. Is that normal?
- Will the water kefir crystals survive the transport to my home?