When our sourdough arrives, please store it in the fridge until you bake your first loaf. If a greyish liquid forms, it means that the culture in the sourdough needs new nutrients. The liquid is not a problem, but it shows that your sourdough is in desperate need of food.
Articles in this section
- Which flour is best for the sourdough?
- Does the sourdough contain gluten?
- My bread doesn't rise and is too sour.
- Does it matter whether I mix the sourdough with spelt, buckwheat or other flour?
- What is the best way to care for my sourdough culture?
- What is the shelf life of the sourdough culture?
- A dark liquid has settled on the sourdough - is this normal?
- What do I have to pay attention to as soon as the sourdough arrives?
- My sourdough has weird stains.
- My sourdough smells strange.