You decide when your milk kefir is ready. It can be enjoyed at any time without any problems. For a mild kefir you can finish the fermentation after 12 hours, for a sour result you need up to 48 hours. The rule here is try before you buy, and over time you will find out on your own when and how your kefir tastes best.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to prepare the milk kefir immediately after receiving it or can it also be stored?
- The milk has thickened. How should I proceed?
- Can vegetable milk also be used to make milk kefir?
- Which bacteria and yeast cultures are contained in milk kefir?
- Which milk alternatives can I use? What do I have to bear in mind?
- Do I need to rinse the milk kefir tubers with water?
- What ingredients do I need to make milk kefir?
- Can children and pregnant women safely drink milk kefir?
- Which milk is suitable for milk kefir?
- How long is the shelf life of the finished milk kefir?