After production, store your freshly fermented vegan cheese in an airtight container in the fridge. Brie and Camembert are best kept wrapped in cheese paper in the wooden box. Flavourful cheeses should be stored separately from other types. We generally recommend eating the finished cheese within a week. Check the appearance, smell and taste to see if your cheese is still good. The cleaner you work during production, the better the cheese will keep later.
Articles in this section
- The noble mould does not grow or only grows on one side of my Camembert/Brie.
- My blue cheese has red spots
- How can I avoid foreign mould infestation on my vegan cheese?
- How do I know if my vegan cheese has gone bad?
- My vegan cheese smells strange.
- My vegan cheese won't set. What can I do?
- Why does my homemade vegan cheese taste so sour?
- How should I store my finished vegan cheese?
- How can I tell that my vegan cheese is ready?
- Instructions for vegan blue cheese (Camembert)