As a rule, freshly fermented cheese tastes slightly sour after one day. If it has become very sour after a short time, you may have used too much starter culture or your container is in a very warm place. Reduce the amount of bacteria culture for your next batch or move your container to a cooler place.
Articles in this section
- The noble mould does not grow or only grows on one side of my Camembert/Brie.
- My blue cheese has red spots
- How can I avoid foreign mould infestation on my vegan cheese?
- How do I know if my vegan cheese has gone bad?
- My vegan cheese smells strange.
- My vegan cheese won't set. What can I do?
- Why does my homemade vegan cheese taste so sour?
- How should I store my finished vegan cheese?
- How can I tell that my vegan cheese is ready?
- Instructions for vegan blue cheese (Camembert)