The glass weights serve the purpose of keeping the ferment under the brine. This is important to prevent mould from forming and to ensure proper fermentation, as mould can only form in the presence of oxygen.
Articles in this section
- How long do the cooking attachments and glass weights remain in use?
- What is the difference between fermentation jar and fermentation pot?
- Why do I need chamfering attachments?
- What is the purpose of the Mason Ball lid?
- Which glass is best for wild ferments?
- Do the jar weights fit in Mason Ball jars?
- Why do I need a cabbage masher?
- What do I have to consider when cleaning the glasses?
- Why do I need glass weights?
- How do I use Inulin?