Dried fruit can be used for a few passes. After about 3-4 starts, when they look more and more used up and start to look like a zombie, you can replace them with new fruits. If you use fresh fruits for the second fermentation, it is best to take them out after 24-48 hours. The fruits are then completely "sucked dry" by the water kefir and contain hardly any valuable micronutrients.
Articles in this section
- Where should I store the finished bottles of water kefir?
- Which water should I use for water kefir?
- There are orange grains between the water kefir crystals. What is it?
- Which bacteria and yeast cultures are contained in water kefir?
- The water kefir tastes like vinegar. What have I done wrong?
- The water kefir becomes thick and slimy. What is wrong with it?
- Can you reuse the fruits from the water kefir batch?
- Can you also use the kombucha jar for water kefir?
- The water kefir crystals grow too quickly. Is that normal?
- Will the water kefir crystals survive the transport to my home?