That's something everyone has to decide for themselves. During fermentation there is also alcohol produced in small amounts. How much depends on the culture, the fermentation time, the temperature and the ingredients. Normally, water kefir contains between 0.5% and 1.5% alcohol.
Articles in this section
- Where should I store the finished bottles of water kefir?
- Which water should I use for water kefir?
- There are orange grains between the water kefir crystals. What is it?
- Which bacteria and yeast cultures are contained in water kefir?
- The water kefir tastes like vinegar. What have I done wrong?
- The water kefir becomes thick and slimy. What is wrong with it?
- Can you reuse the fruits from the water kefir batch?
- Can you also use the kombucha jar for water kefir?
- The water kefir crystals grow too quickly. Is that normal?
- Will the water kefir crystals survive the transport to my home?